Sunday 4 April 2010

Education

I finally watched An Education after banging on about the lead actress Carey Mulligan for so  long.  It's an enjoyable watch and Mulligan really is outstanding.  However it left me feeling like Mulligan's character Jenny was a spoiled brat rather than an intelligent girl who craved all things French (which she was too).

Anyone who thinks that much of going to Oxford is clearly not my type of person - a university is a university.  They're all the same.  Uni for me left no impression in fact I can think of plenty of other things I should have had the courage to do instead.

The film has been shot in a really nice way, the scenes seem authentic to watch.  Sometimes when you watch films you see a bit of yourself in the characters and it's probably why you don't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment