Thursday 25 February 2010

Wonderland


I'm super excited for Tim Burton's version of Lewis Carroll's classic tale Alice in Wonderland. It's always been one of my favourite stories and I even won a fancy dress competition as Alice in primary 4 complete with a beautiful white rabbit painstakingly crafted by my mum's friend. It's a story of magical adventure and it is completely surreal which is exactly why it is so appealing to generation after generation. I find myself falling down rabbit holes all the time, dipping in and out of daydreams and ending up on the other side. Curiosity may have killed the cat but life is boring without it. It will be interesting to see Alice a bit older than she's been in previous adaptions. Apparently she's almost 20 in this one. I hope it lives up to my expectations!

There's quite a lot of dreamy Alice in wonderland inspired clothes on the high street at the moment which is making me green with envy.

Edit: Just found this gorgeous Alice inspired dress from Pret-a-Portobello dot com, love this website. Wish I was in Portobello Market right now...
I think modern Alice might like this gorgeous prom dress from boohoo dot com: (There's also lots of sugary prom dresses just in at Miss Selfridge)


She would love these gorgeous ditsy print shorts from Warehouse:

Worn with this white rabbit Tshirt from Truffle Shuffle by Disney Couture:

And these beautiful accessories would top off any Alice inspired outfit, not even the Queen of Hearts would chop your head off it looked this pretty...




ASOS Alice band Oasis Charm bracelet
Mad Hatter Necklace by Disney Couture @ Truffle Shuffle dot com (as above)
You can even paint your nails in Alice inspired colours by OPI!




2 comments:

  1. Someone told me yesterday why the Mad Hatter is called so. It comes from back in the day when top hat makers would use mercury to shine the hat. The mercury was toxic and would make them go mad. Hence, the Mad Hatter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You learn something new every day :) Will be ace to Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. I watched Edward Scissorhands last night :)

    ReplyDelete