Monday 8 March 2010

Oscars Night and Polar Obsession

Great news for my favourite guy Jeff Bridges winning an Oscar last night. On other notes, there were as expected lots of fancy dresses on show for the red carpet. All the stars probably spend a whole year figuring out their outfits. Some get it right and some get it wrong but I'm in a really happy mood today so it's a positive blog. My favourite star was Sarah Jessica Parker in her Chanel Couture dress. Aaah how gorgeous is that woman? She is Carrie from Sex and The City to me always. Although I think the older generation including Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep looked absolutely stunning as well. These are my top picks:

Helen Mirren in Badgley Mischka Couture. It looks like a princess dress! She looks great in it.

Carrie, sorry Sarah Jessica Parker looking stunning. I would love to see her wardrobe.

Maggie Gyllenhaal in Dries Van Noten. This dress makes me want to be on holiday, it's so colourful and fun but sophisticated at the same time.

Meryl Streep looks great. Her dress is by an American 'Project Runway' contestant Chris March. That should score him some massive fashion points. The dress really flatters her figure.

Carey Mulligan looks gorgeous in Prada. She suits that blondie crop so much. Dying to see 'An Education', must make an effort as The Belmont Picturehouse is still showing it. I think it's an afternoon showing though. Anyone fancy bunking off work to join me?

National Geographic photographer and Biographer Paul Nicken has written a new book called Polar Obsession which is filled with photos from his travels all over the Arctic and Antarctic. These photos are stunning. There's a few more on Guardian dot com.



Isn't he gorgeous?

Image sources: Guardian dot com

2 comments:

  1. Chum, I love that you put my maggie in that. Didn' she look fab?? SJP looked amazing!! If only to have her wardrobe!! Roll on the 31st of May xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurz I know, I love Maggie in that dress. Oh me I know, I canna wait! xxx

    ReplyDelete